Date: 21 April 2019 @ 10:00am
Location: Willen Lake, Milton Keynes | MAP
Entry fee: from £30 | ENTER
This event is brand new for 2019 and, with the backing of the Parks Trust, we have been able to get the use of the World Cyclocross Circuit in Campbell Park as part of the cycle course. The run is fast and flat … the bike route is certainly not either! A real shock to the system as proved when the Worlds Cyclocross event came to Milton Keynes a few years ago.
There are three race distances on offer and during the entry process you will be asked which bike type you will be riding. There will be a special prize for the fastest Cyclocross and fastest MTB (mountain bike) times for each distance.
- City Epic: 10km Run, 21km Bike, 5km Run.
- Tough Town: 5km Run, 16km Bike, 5km Run.
- Taster Trail: 2.5km Run, 7km Bike, 2.5km Run.
- Toilets will be available.
- Ample parking is available right next to the venue at Willen Lake showground and other nearby areas.
- We will have hot drinks and food available for you to purchase.
- Registration will open at 8:30am. *Please make sure if you stated that you have a BTF license you bring it with you on race day or you will have to purchase a day license at the cost of £5.*
- Transition opens at 8:30am and closes at 9:45am.
- The race briefing will be at 9:50am.
- First wave start time will be 10am.
- Awards will be dependent on entries but as a minimum there will be 1st Male/Female in each distance and fastest Cyclocross or MTB to complete the City or Town distances.
- There will be prizes for the team event.
“Having the World Cross cup in Milton Keynes Campbell Park was amazing, and to watch these athletes cycle on that route just made you realise how fit these guys and girls are! Now we will all get the chance to race on this tough and technical course.”Kevin Farmer, Big Cow Events