Date: 6 July 2019 @ 12:00noon
Location: Newport Pagnell | MAP
Entry fee: from £18 | ENTER
Finishing touches have been made to this fantastic and exciting new running event. Heading the Newport Pagnell Carnival and in front of around 8000 spectators lining the fully closed streets of the Town. There will be different waves depending on your selected 5km estimated pace, with a family run also included. Everyone will of course receive one of our fantastic medals, and a free entry to the carnival show, making this not only a great race, run or jog but a fab day out.
A fast flat 5k road race on closed roads through the historic market town of Newport Pagnell. You’ll start your run in Blakelands Business Park (off Tanners Drive), the run will take you through the town and past many of the local landmarks including the Iron Bridge and past the town jewel of Aston Martin. You’ll finish your 5km by following the path around the Carnival Meadow and into the main arena to cross the finish line.
- £18 in advance
- Toilets will be available but no changing facilities.
- We would advise runners to walk to the start or get dropped off if possible to reduce traffic in the start area. For anyone coming from outside town there will be ample parking a few minutes from the start line in Tongwell (details will be confirmed in your pre-race email).
- There is limited parking at the finish on Riverside Meadow via Wellend Drive. Please do not park in the roads surrounding the meadow.Once you’ve enjoyed all the offerings of the Carnival event, its an easy 3k walk or jog back to the start and your vehicle.
- First Aid cover will be provided on the course.
- Start time will be at 12 noon in Blakelands Business Park.
- First three male and female finishers plus the fastest male and female in the following categories: Vet 40+, Vet 50+ and Vet 60+. Additional prizes may be awarded depending on the number of entries.
- Event medal for all.
- Optional T-shirt (select during entry).