Date: 26 May 2019 @ 7:00am
Location: Stowe Landscape Gardens | MAP
Entry fee: from £45 | ENTER
Triathlon is a great way to get out and enjoy the great outdoors especially when the location is as wonderful as the Stowe Landscape Gardens. Stowe has become widely renowned for its magnificent gardens created by Lord Cobham and the history of the gardens goes back to 1690. Whether you have just started triathlon or are a more seasoned competitor, this event has been designed for you. The Stowe Sprint Triathlon #1, on May 26th 2019, takes place from Stowe Landscape Gardens in Buckinghamshire.
The event takes place on a Sunday morning so please bring family and friends along to cheer you on and celebrate with you at the finish. The event village will be at the corner of the 11 acre lake, by the Temple of Venus. This is a 10 minute walk from the car park at the New Inn Visitor Centre.
The swim will be 2 laps of the 11 acre lake equalling 750m. Waves will be organised by ability according to the swim times submitted by yourselves.The bike course will take you outside of Stowe grounds on a single loop through the local countryside. The 5km run will then take you around the inside of the gardens and past many of the famous landmarks including the Temple of Friendship, the Temple of British Worthies and over the Palladian Bridge. The finish will be at the event village at the Temple of Venus.
Team entries are possible with one person completing the swim, a second completing the bike and the third completing the run. This is a great way to gain experience of triathlon. It is a safe undulating route and there will be marshals and clearly marked signs along the course. You will need to take caution throughout and pay attention to marshals wherever necessary.
- Sprint: 750m Swim, 16km Bike, 5km Run.
- £50 for individual non-BTF members
- £45 for individual BTF members
- £70 for relay team (non-BTF members)
- £65 for relay team (1 or more BTF members)
- All competitors must be 18 or older on 31 December 2019
- Toilets will be available.
- Ample parking is available at the New Inn Visitor Centre – there are no charges for parking.
- Car park open from 6am at the New Inn Visitor Centre.
- Registration opens at the Temple of Venus at 6.10 am, please make sure you have your BTF license or you will have to purchase one on the day.
- Transition opens at 6.15am and closes at 7.10am.
- Pre-race briefing will be at: 7.15 am / 7.30am / 7.45am.
- First wave start time 7:30 am.
- There will be awards for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd male / female overall. And 1st, 2nd, 3rd male / female V40+ (only one award for each participant).
- There will be prizes for the team event.
- There will finisher t-shirts for all those participating and spot prizes.